Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a Product Support Engineer responsible for providing hardware and software applications support for power conversion devices using Chroma’s instruments and Automated Test Systems (ATE). This position includes identifying best test practices with our customers and the development of application documentation and presentation. This position requires working closely with Chroma’s product line across a variety of power conversion markets and emerging technologies including Solar, EV, Battery, LED, and Lighting.
This position applies knowledge of power test to help customers resolve usage issues with company products. Examples include providing setup and test connectivity help, demoing hardware and software products, and assisting customers with errors or other usage issues and provide Engineer support for power related test equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support for Chroma equipment and its function in specific industries, such as EV, HEV, Solar Power Conversion, Battery, Energy Storage, Medical safety.
- Interface with operations, service, and engineering teams to address test application issues – time on a test or service bench is required
- Develop documentation including application notes, white papers, FAQ’s, and technical articles
- Engage with manufacturing facility to define and apply new test methodologies using latest system architecture
- Conduct product demos in customer facilities or online
- Strong teamwork and communication skills required
- Has wide discretion in defining and recommending applications strategies to customers for use with company products and services. Qualifications
- Experience on a test or service bench is required. Knowledge of LabView and experience with automated test software is mandatory.
- BSET or BSEE with emphasis in power desirablem, with at least 5 years experience.
- Knowledge of PowerPro and BatteryPro software and automated test systems is a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, or a Permanent Resident
- Ability to perform overnight travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
This is a non-supervisory position.
General office skills and dexterity are required.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume and salary expectations below, or send them to CSSJobs@chromausa.com
Chroma Systems Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, marriage or veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.