We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in our Foothill Ranch, CA office. This is a full-time position with the opportunity to receive benefits after 90 days of employment like Medical, Dental, 401(k) plan, Profit Sharing, Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay.
- Interpret customer’s test application and technical performance requirements.
- Identify discrepancies in legacy requirement data and recommend resolutions.
- Design and validate automated test systems for power conversion products.
- Design electrical interface test adapters, test fixtures and cable assemblies.
- Develop automation software for custom automated test systems using Chroma PowerPro or NI LabView.
- Education: MSEE or BSEE plus equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Test Engineering & Integration or a related field developing integrated test product. Experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry a plus.
- Ability to generate clear and concise electrical schematics, wire lists, bill of material and similar design documentation.
- Experience using Schematic capture and PCB layout software. (AutoCAD experience is a plus.)
- Working knowledge of automated test equipment (ATE) and systems with experience in ATE software programming (LabVIEW, C, C++, Visual Basic, etc.) and test executive applications.
- Experience using AC/DC power sources, electronic loads, hipot testers, power meters and general electrical lab test equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience using and troubleshooting test equipment communication protocols such as GPIB (IEEE 488.2), RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, I2C and CAN Bus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Effectively presents ideas to peers, management and outside customers.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to manage time effectively.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume and salary expectations below, or send them to CSSJobs@chromausa.com
Chroma Systems Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, marriage or veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.