The Project Engineer is responsible for the design, integration, and validation of Automated Test Systems and participates as the team leader in multi-resource projects. This Engineer completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes, recommending actions.
- Design and validate ATE systems of higher complexity
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior Systems Engineers
- Develops software for custom automated test systems using Chroma PowerPro or NI LabView.
- Education: MSEE or BSEE plus equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering, Test Engineering & Integration or a related field developing test solutions for commercial customers. U.S. Government and/or aerospace customers experience is a plus.
- Ability to generate clear and concise electrical schematics, wire lists, bill of material and similar design documentation.
- Experience using Schematic capture and PCB layout software. (AutoCAD experience is a plus.) Working knowledge of automated test equipment (ATE) and systems with experience in ATE software programming (LabVIEW, C, C++, Visual Basic, etc.) and test executive applications.
- Experience using AC/DC power sources, electronic loads, hipot testers, power meters and general electrical lab test equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience using and troubleshooting test equipment communication protocols such as GPIB (IEEE 488.2), RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet, I2C and CAN Bus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Effectively presents ideas to peers, management and outside customers.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and able to manage time effectively.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio and Power Point.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume and salary expectations below, or send them to CSSJobs@chromausa.com
Chroma Systems Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, marriage or veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.