The role of Service Engineer Calibrations is responsible for handling any customer or internal Repairs as assigned as break/fix from the company’s Help Desk Operation. Diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair work is focused on a variety of electronic components including power testing instrumentation, LEDs, battery regen systems etc.
This position will interface with the Service Repair Manager to determine if the issue is within design specification, is a design flaw, or is being used for the proper application to validate under warranty or out of warranty status of repairs, and conduct the repair, calibration, cleanup and final testing of these units. The candidate must be able to absorb and understanding applications such as LEDs, electric cars, fuel cells, power supplies, battery regen systems etc. Working knowledge of Power Instrument Calibration methods and requirements is a must. Working knowledge of inventory management and control is required to perform daily repair tasks.
- Insure RMA repairs and calibrations are completed per 8-10 day repair goals.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose technical issues per designs and specifications of equipment serviced.
- Assist Service Repair Manager in material control and planning functions to support Repair Process.
- Maintain and improve on department Key Performance Repair Indicators (KPI’s).
- Handle escalated customer issues replicating customer setup to ascertain problem
- Read schematics, apply electrical/electronic principles and troubleshoot instruments to board or component level where applicable to support team of Service Technicians.
- Understand and apply AC theory to customer issues involving Chroma AC power test instruments duplicating customer setups to assess issue
- Ability to run Calibrations functions on a variety of Chroma instruments and equipment. Preferred
- Exposure to Automated Test Items/Programs or any programming languages (i.e. C++) is a plus.
- Maintain a clean, organized and professional work environment, with Safety as the key focus.
- Diligent in solving and following up on customer issues
- Effective time management in an effort to meet or beat resolution time
- Work within prescribed electrical safety rules established by OSHA and Quality guidelines
- 3-4 years or more experience in AC power electronics, OR
- AA or Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience in AC power electronics.
- Ability to work in fast moving Repair Lab with Team of 6 people.
- Working knowledge of electrical instrument calibration for power, medical and battery systems.
- Capacity to work under tight or shifting deadlines and adhere to procedures
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills. Detail Oriented.
- Proficient in MS Office, and basic computer skills.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume and salary expectations below, or send them to CSSJobs@chromausa.com
Chroma Systems Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, marriage or veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.