Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of power testing instruments and systems including programmable AC Power Source and DC Power Supplies, AC Loads and DC Electronic Loads, Digital Power Meters and Automated Testing Systems for applications in LED Lighting, LED Drivers, Aerospace, Defense, Military, Automotive, Medical, Battery, Solar, Marine and Regulatory Testing.
The role of Support Engineer is responsible for handling customer calls when in house within the prescribed resolution time or escalating it when all ideas are exhausted, act as a subject matter expert, perform calibrations. When traveling, s(he) will provide world class assistance to our customers assisting with installation, calibration and troubleshooting ATE power measurement systems. The engineer will also learn PowerPro and Captivate software packages to the level of being able to train customers. Activities are to be accomplished per management directives and in compliance with Chroma USA policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide customer support on AC Sources. DC Sources, AC/DC Loads, Electrical Safety Test Equipment (EST) and Battery Test Systems.
- Handle customer requests for assistance via phone calls or emails to fully understand the issues.
- Perform troubleshooting and replication of customer setup to ascertain problem.
- Read schematics, apply electronic theory to customer issues involving duplicating customer setups to assess and resolve issues
- Become proficient with PowerPro, Battery Pro, Battery Simulator and Captivate software
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Continuous review of process for improvements
- Effective time management
- Minimum two years of formal technical school in electricity/electronics AND
- Five years or more experience in use of AC power electronics OR
- Four year degree in Electronic Technology or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with High Power AC and DC Sources and Loads.
- Capacity to work under tight or shifting deadlines and adhere to procedures
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Access
- Diligent in problem solving and following up on customer issues
- Solid electrical knowledge to be able to understand industry requirements.
This is a non-supervisory position.
General office skills and dexterity are required. Must be able to life 50 pounds.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume and salary expectations below, or send them to CSSJobs@chromausa.com
Chroma Systems Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, marriage or veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
|Job Category||Engineering, Service|