The role of Senior Service Engineer is responsible for working with the companies Sr. Electrical Engineers within the Service Team to perform a variety of tasks related to evaluation, testing, training, troubleshooting, repair and documentation of processes and test procedures in support of existing and new electronic products. The position also includes interfacing with R&D, Engineering to determine if issues are within design specification, design flaws or if the equipment is being used for the proper application. The candidate must be able to understand applications such as LEDs, electric cars, fuel cells, power supplies, battery regen systems etc. Some domestic travel may be required. Must be able to interface with customers in a way that exudes confidence and leaves them satisfied feeling they just experienced world class customer service.
The candidate will learn PowerPro, Captivate and Labview software packages as required for various system testing, evaluation and troubleshooting, to the level of being a subject matter expert. Activities are to be accomplished per management directives and in compliance with Chroma USA policies and procedures.
- Read schematics, apply electrical/electronic principles and troubleshoot instruments to board or component level where applicable
- Understand and apply AC theory to customer issues involving Chroma AC power test instruments duplicating customer setups to assess issue
- Diligent in solving and following up on customer issues
- Become proficient with PowerPro, Captivate and Labview software with background of C or VB programming.
- Continuous review for process improvements. Work closely with Taiwan Factory Service Team.
- Effective time management in an effort to meet or beat resolution time
- Adjust priorities only by direction of Customer Service Manager
- Work within prescribed electrical safety rules established by OSHA
- Any and all other duties as directed by the Customer Service Manager that are related to Chroma USA
- 1-3 years or more experience in AC power electronics OR
- BSEE with 1-2 years of experience in AC power electronics
- Fluent in Mandarin.
- 1-2 yeas of hands on experience with calibration and calibration test equipment standards for electronic power equipment.
- Willingness and ability to travel to domestically if required
- Capacity to work under tight or shifting deadlines and adhere to procedures
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of PowerPro, Captivate and/or Labview software a plus
- Detail oriented
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume and salary expectations below, or send them to CSSJobs@chromausa.com
Chroma Systems Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, marriage or veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.