Regenerative Grid Simulator – Model 61800
- Power rating: Up to 300kVA, single or three phase output
- Output Voltage: 0-330V L-N / 0-571V L-L
- 0-400V L-N / 0-692V L-L opt. without using a transformer
- Output Frequency: DC, 30Hz-100Hz
- Maximum power delivered down to 200VAC L-N
- Full 4 quadrant, fully regenerative up to 100% of output current rating
- Specifically designed for PV inverter, Smart Grid and EV related test applications
- Programmable slew rate settings for voltage and frequency
- Programmable voltage and current limits
- Turn on, turn off phase angle control
- LIST, PULSE, STEP mode functions for testing Power Line Disturbance (PLD) simulation
- Voltage dips, short interruption and voltage variation simulation
- Harmonics, inter-harmonics waveform synthesizer
- Comprehensive measurement capability, including current harmonics
- Analog programmable interfaces
- Remote interface: GPIB, RS-232, USB and Ethernet
- Parallel output for higher power applications (three phase only)
Market demand for Distributed Resource (DR) products such as PV inverters and wind energy systems is steadily growing as the world strives for clean renewable energy sources. This demand has created a need for rigorous regulation testing to standards such IEEE 1547 / IEC 61000-3-15 / IEC 62116 ensuring proper and safe operation of on-grid products. It has become critical to manufacturers to conduct these tests to prove compliance and to relieve product liability concerns. Chroma’s new 61800 family of Grid Simulators has been designed to fulfill these test requirements by providing a full 4 quadrant, fully regenerative, grid simulator with advanced features for compliance, safety and product verification testing.
- Chroma’s standard output voltage of 330V L-N as compared to 300V L-N found in the market
- 0-300V L-N range does not sufficiently cover a +10% variation for 480V L-L applications
- Optional 0-400V L-N / 0-692V L-L opt. that does not require a transformer
- Maximum power delivered down to 200VAC L-N which provides a wider output power range
- Better front panel display with a real time waveform viewer
- Parallel modular design allowing for field expansion up to 300kVA
The 61800 Regenerative Grid Simulator is a full 4 quadrant, fully regenerative, AC power supply designed for common electrical product testing such as home appliances, and industrial electronics needing a programmable input source. The 61800 is also designed to simulate grid characteristics for testing PV inverters and on-line UPSs. As shown above, power can be both sink and source from the UUT seamlessly to support a multitude of applications. In cases where the UUT sources current, a detection circuit will sense the excess power and recycle it back to the grid.
The 61800 grid simulator is also ideal for smart grid and EV related test applications such as Vehicle to Grid (V2G) and Energy Storage System (ESS) testing. The 61800 regenerative grid simulator’s extensive feature set is not limited solely to product development during R&D, they are also valuable during design and quality verification as well as throughout various production stages. Using state-of-the-art digital control technology the 61800 can deliver up to 330VAC at output frequencies ranging from 30Hz to 100Hz. The AC+DC feature allows for applications that require a DC offset bias.
In addition to supplying clean, precise and stable AC voltage for regular applications, the 61800 is capable of simulating various types of distorted voltage waveforms and transient conditions required by product validation testing. These are accomplished as shown below using built-in programmable waveform functions such as LIST, STEP and PULSE modes. The STEP and PUSLE functions allow users to perform single or continuous step changes of output voltage. LIST mode is a more versatile function, and allows users to compose complex waveforms of up to 100 sequences. Voltage waveforms required by immunity specifications such as IEC 61000-4-11 (short interruption and voltage dropout) can easily be achieved by the 61800 Regenerative Grid Simulator.
The SYNTHESIS function allows users to create periodic harmonic voltage waveforms of up to 40 orders based on a 50/60Hz fundamental frequency. The INTERHARMONIC function allows users to perform frequency sweeps ranging from 0.01Hz to 2400Hz on top of the 50/60Hz fundamental frequency. This special function assists users in locating the resonance points.
HARMONICS WAVEFORM INTERHARMONIC WAVEFORM
The 61800 series is also able to provide precision measurements such as RMS voltage, RMS current, true power, power factor, current crest factor and many others. By applying advanced DSP technology, the 61800 can easily simulate power line disturbance (PLD) using LIST, PULSE and STEP modes. Additional features such as the waveform synthesis function allows users to program various distorted harmonic waveforms which are required by some regulatory standards. GPIB (IEEE488.2), RS-232, USB and Ethernet interface are available to control the 61800 grid simulator remotely.
|61830||Regenerative Grid Simulator 30kVA|
|61845||Regenerative Grid Simulator 45kVA|
|61860||Regenerative Grid Simulator 60kVA|
|100447||Softpanel for 61800 Series|
3-Phase Programmable AC Source – Model 61700
Power: 1500VA, 3Ø; 3000VA, 3Ø; 4500VA, 3Ø; 6000VA, 3Ø; 12000VA, 3Ø
High Power Programmable AC Source – Model 61610
Power Rating: 12KVA, 18KVA
High Power Programmable AC Source with Transients – Model 61510
Power Rating: 12KVA, 18KVA
Low Power Programmable AC Source – Model 61600
Power: 500VA, 1000VA, 1500VA, 2000VA, 4000VA
Low Power Programmable AC Source with Transients – Model 61500
Power: 500VA, 1500VA, 2000VA, 4000VA
Programmable AC Power Source – Model 6400
Power: 0-300VAC/45-1KHz/up to 9KVA - single and three phase
Programmable AC Source – Model 6500
Power: 1200VA ~ 9KVA