These Chroma Terms and Conditions apply to each order placed with Chroma or any of its affiliates for goods and services, and supersede any other terms and conditions related to the order, unless specifically discussed and agreed to in writing. Issuance of an order with additions or changes to these terms will not become part of the order.
Order Terms and Conditions
- All prices are F.O.B. Chroma Factory unless otherwise indicated in the quotation.
- Standard terms are Net 30 days pending credit approval. Interest will be charged at the rate of 2% per month or the maximum amount permitted under state law on balances unpaid after 30 days.
- Standard payment method is company purchase orders/invoicing. For other methods of payments a 4% handling charge will be applied.
- Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- For prices on instruction manuals, repair, calibration, replacement parts and service contracts, please contact the Chroma service department.
Except as otherwise noted in this document, all approved returns will receive credit toward future purchases only. All approved returns may be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Chroma will retain all order records for terms established by normal business practices and those of applicable state and federal laws.
Agreements with Chroma is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, County of Orange.
Quantity Discount Program
Chroma Systems Solutions provides a Quantity Discount Program that starts at 5 or more units on selected models. This discount may not be used in conjunction with other discounts or special offers but may be used in place of other discounts, whichever is greater. Consult your Chroma Systems Solutions Sales Representative for details.
Chroma Systems Solutions is a strong supporter of Educational assistance and may provide discounts to Universities and Educational Institutions for many products on a case-by-case basis. Consult your Sales Representative for details.
Warranty and Service
- During the warranty period, Chroma will, at our option, either repair or replace any product that proves to be defective.
- To exercise warranty or to request repair services, please call 949-600-6400 and request the service department. You will be given assistance and return instructions. Send the product, transportation prepaid, to the indicated service facility. Warranty coverage includes parts and labor to repair or replace the instrument at Chroma’s specified service center. On-site service is not included unless explicitly specified on the order. Also, warranty and extended warranty repairs cannot be supported if the instrument is not handled in ways called out in the user’s manual and other collateral material of the instrument in question. Two trips per calendar year are included in extended warranty contacts that include onsite services. Additional trips can be made with valid PO. Chroma utilizes a fixed repair pricing model. If your out of warranty repair is determined to be uneconomical to repair, you will be provided a quote at Time and Material rates.
- Hardware warranty period is for one year from purchase. Software warranties are from 90 days of purchase. Return-to-factory repairs have a 90 day warranty from shipment.
- Warranty services are for phone support only and hardware return-to-factory (via RMA). Onsite support is not covered under the warranty program.
- For technical support via email, please contact the following; Service@ChromaUSA.com
- Technical support return calls are based on best effort and are usually returned within 24 business hours.
Chroma products come with CE certification. Other Certifications, such as UL or CSA, are optional.
Limitation of Warranty
Chroma’s warranty is limited and does not apply to defects resulting from production error, mishandling or other types of misuse of any product or component. Chroma is not responsible for improper hookup or usage or damage resulting from misapplication of the products. This warranty does not apply to fuses, software, non-rechargeable batteries, from battery leakage, problems arising from normal wear, or failure to follow instructions. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABLITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE. THE REMEDIES PROVIDED HERIN ARE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. NEITHER CHROMA SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS, INC. NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AFFLIENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENCIAL DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ITS PRODUCTS EVEN IF CHROMA SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS, INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, SUCH EXCLUDED DAMAGES SHALL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: COSTS OF REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION, LOSSES SUSTAINED AS THE RESULT OF INJURY TO ANY PERSON, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. WARRANTY SUPPORT INCLUDES TELEPHONE SUPPORT ONLY AND CUSTOMER RETURN-TO-FACTORY FOR INSTRUMENTS.
Chroma includes graphical software interface (soft panels and other types of software products) with many products. This software is property of Chroma and may not be copied, sold or reissued in any other media. Software is provided for use only with instruments it was delivered with. It may not be used for any other purpose, disclosed, modified, or provide to any third-party, without written permission. Chroma provides Printed Circuit Boards and other design material as part of our product sets. Fabrication information for these components is proprietary to Chroma.
Chroma reserves the right to subcontract all or part of an order as required to satisfy delivery or quality commitments, unless otherwise noted and approved at the time the order is placed.
- Shipping instructions. You may provide a common carrier account number for use or direct Chroma to charge the shipment to, or you may instruct Chroma to prepay and add freight and handling charges to the invoice amount. If you specify prepay and add, Chroma will add handling charges up to the amount of the basic shipping charges.
- Customers should specify in the purchase order shipping preferences (standard ground, overnight, pre-pay and add, etc.). If no preference is indicated Chroma will ship best commercial way or UPS at our option.
- All Shipments are F.O.B. Chroma Factory and insurance will be added to all shipments unless specifically requested to do otherwise. For F.O.B. Chroma Factory shipments, title transfer occurs at Chroma’s Dock. Customer is responsible for collecting claims from Freight Company in the event of loss or damage during transit.
- If customer authorizes product to “ship-in-place” for follow-on work, training, or similar issues, this constitutes a “shipment”, and thus invoicing will occur at the time of the “ship-in-place” authorization.
- Large shipments, such as ATE systems, will be crated prior to shipment unless otherwise specified during the purchasing cycle. The cost of crating is part of the freight charges invoiced by Chroma.
- Every effort will be made to process your order expediently and meet customer desired delivery schedules. However, lead times vary based on numerous conditions, and are subject to change. Units quoted as “stock” will ship in approximately 3-5 business days.
- Chroma cannot accept fines, discounts, or other negative financial impacts for late shipments.
- Chroma reserves to the right to ship all orders as “partial” if some inventory items are missing and require backorder.
- Chroma may to charge a holding fee in situations where product is ready for shipment but the customer does not authorize shipment within 30 days.
- All instruments should be tested when they are received. If they fail to operate properly, or are damaged in any way, a claim should be filed immediately with the carrier. The claim agent should obtain a full report of the damage, and a copy of this report should be forwarded to us by fax (949 600 6401) or E-mail. CHROMA will prepare an estimate of repair cost and repair of the instrument(s) when authorized by the claim agent. Please include model number and serial number when referring to the instrument.
Instrument Calibration Reports
Instrument calibration reports, which include the calibration data on each individual unit, are available for new instrument purchases and instruments that we calibrate. The calibration process varies for each product, and calibration reports are available for every calibration. Contact the Service Department at 949-600-6400 for pricing information.
How to Order
Email or fax your purchase order to:
- Fax: 949-600-6401
- Email: To the e-mail address shown on your quote, or to Sales@ChromaUSA.com
Orders must be cancelled in writing. A restocking fee of 25% may be applied to cancelled orders.
A Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number is required for all items returned to Chroma. Please call 1-949-600-6400 to obtain an RMA number. The RMA number is assigned to aid us in tracking your instrument. No returns will be accepted without a valid RMA number on the outside of the return package. Customers will be responsible for freight charges on all items.
Electrical Safety No Risk 45 Day Guarantee
Electrical Safety No Risk 45 Day Guarantee applies to Chroma branded electrical safety products sold directly by Chroma Systems Solutions in North America. Guarantee is not applicable to automated test systems, CaptivATE kits, software, or special orders that require engineering services. Product must have an RMA number and be received by Chroma Systems Solutions in working, new condition, in the original packing material, and with all accessories by the 45th day after ship date. Any shipments received after 45 days will be subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.