[two_third]To increase testing coverage and efficiency, Chroma has developed an automated inspection system that can be applied to the EOL (End Of Line) of battery pack production for testing the assembly defects, Battery Management System (BMS) communication, internal power switches, battery balancing circuits/consistency, and temperature distribution, etc. before battery packs are shipped out of the factory. The comprehensive PASS/FAIL tests can not only be used in production lines, but may also be used in a development phase nearing completion or used during battery pack acceptance inspection for EV or energy storage station. The automated tests can reduce manufacturing defects while ensuring personnel safety and increasing throughput. The application range of this system includes battery packs for electric vehicles, motor vehicles, and power storage systems.[/two_third][one_third]
Power Range: 5kW – 350Kw
Voltage Range: 0V – 900V
Current Range: 0A – 1000A
- Specifically designed for battery production line and/or battery development testing
- Increases QA efficiency by up to 80%
- Inspection of BMS functions, connector withstand voltage, consistency, and performance of battery packs
- Standard test items include insulation resistance, electricity, software/communication, and battery performance testing
- Able to connect fixture to the customized battery pack with an automated switch control and to integrate with Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Easy to use software platform – complete customization of all the battery pack test items
With 30 years of experience in test and measurement instrumentation, Chroma is able to provide a wide variety of testing solutions for power and storage batteries including regenerative test systems for battery cells, modules and packs. These solutions are adopted worldwide by manufacturers and third party laboratories.
Application Note: Dynamic Loading and Transient Response
Dynamic Loading and Transient Response testing is a common test requirement for Power Supplies, DC DC Converters and Battery Chargers. Dynamic and Dynamic Sweep tests are used to confirm the response times of the DUT when load is changed suddenly. It requires a DC Electronic Load and an Oscilloscope. Capturing the voltage and current waveforms and recording the information requires working knowledge of the DC Load and the Oscilloscope and proper triggering to capture the exact moment the transient occurs.
Video: 17020 Regenerative Battery Module Test System Overview
The Chroma 17020 System is a high precision integrated solution specifically designed for secondary battery module and pack tests. Accurate source and measurement ensure the test quality that is suitable for performing exact, reliable testing crucial for battery module / pack incoming or outgoing inspection as well as capacity, performance, production and qualification testing.